Why Should I Join?
Who should participate?
HATS® is for Dads & Daughters and Dads & Sons, in the 4th – 9th grades, who want to:
- Learn to communicate with each other.
- Develop outdoor skills involving hiking, ropes courses, canoeing, rock-climbing, kayaking, backpacking, orienteering, gun safety and photography.
- Learn lifelong skills in safety and first aid in dealing with outdoor activities.
- Meet other Dads & Daughters and Dads & Sons with similar interests and goals.
- Learn how to form a relationship with each other that is based on working together.
- Learn to let your daughter or son lead.
- Learn lessons about responsibility and reliance.
- Learn lessons about being accountable for your actions.
The mission of HATS® is to use all of these outdoor activities to put dads & daughters and dads & sons into situations where they must talk to one another… learn to communicate… trust and respect each other… and work together as a team. These are skills they will use for the rest of their lives!
What can Dad & Daughter and Dad & Son teams expect to get out of joining HATS®?
- A better, stronger, more meaningful and spiritual relationship with your Daughter or Son or Dad.
- The opportunity for Dad & Daughter and Dad & Son teams to spend some time alone to discuss topics that might not come up in everyday conversation.
- Daughters and Sons can interact with other like-minded Dads who set a good example for how women and men should be treated.
- Daughters and Sons will make new friends and strengthen their connection with old friends.
- Create a lifetime of priceless memories.
- Learn many life lessons in a situation where you can talk about them.
- Learn to embrace your inner wildwoman or wildman.
What are the requirements for joining HATS®?
- A Daughter or Son that is in the 4th – 9th grade.
- A Dad & Daughter and Dad & Son team that is interested in spending quality time together.
- No prior knowledge of camping or outdoor life is required.
What are the financial requirements?
- Annual dues are $125 per Dad & Daughter and Dad & Son team (dues reductions for multiple daughters/sons).
- The investment in your daughter or son is about $247 per campout. Kayaking campout are $365 – 395.
Why and When should a Dad choose to join HATS®?
- Who should be the #1 man in your young daughter or son’s life?
- Who is better suited than you to be instilling a moral compass in your daughter or son’s life?
- Who is better than you to set an example for how a Dad should treat and respect a daughter or son that he loves?
If not now, when?
- If the timing is not good right now, when will the time be right?
- When will you have more free time to spend with your daughter or son than you do right now?
- When will she/he mean more to you than she/he does right now?